Creating A Meaningful Experience That Girls Need
Grounded in Nature
Bright Lights Shining into the World
Moon Tribe for Girls is the beginning of a journey, an initiation experience to transition into young womanhood. Moon Tribe is for girls ages 11-14 years old, or any girl who is ready to embrace a vision of her womanhood. “What does it mean to be a woman?” girls will ask themselves during their Rite of Passage. “Who am I now, and who am I becoming?”
In our modern culture today, aspects of the feminine are often shrouded in shame, brushed under the rug, or twisted from true dignity. At this critical stage in their lives, girls need to be immersed in a community in which femininity is honored and explored. They need to be honored and acknowledged. They need to experience the freedom of being fully themselves with a community of women and girls who are open about all aspects of being a woman. They need an initiation, a passageway into young adulthood that is deeper than prom or getting a driver’s license. We seek to bring these meaningful ways back to our children.
Being in nature for four days is crucial to this process. Everything in nature–every tree, every rock, every deer, every flower, every sunrise–is always fully embodying itself and its gifts from the Creator. Immersed in the natural world and in a community of supportive women, these girls will lay a foundation for their womanhood built on authenticity, trust and support. We will create a safe nurturing space for each girl to explore the depths of what it means to be a woman in today’s world and to create the space for her authentic self to emerge.
Rite of Passage experiences are initiations that mark a developmental transition. Elements in Rites of Passage include:
- Immersion in the natural world
- Time in solitude and time in community
- Symbolic representations
- Expression and reflection
- Elements of challenge
- Being sent off and welcomed back by engaged community
Adult female mentors of all ages will be there to guide your girls. We’ll sing, play games, frolic in the creek, make art, have sharing circles, and eat delicious food.
This weekend will serve as a way for girls to not only be acknowledged by their peers, and (community), but also serves as a stepping stone for self acceptance and knowing their place/stage in the journey of life. It will help create empowered young woman who are solid in who they are.
- To create a supportive and trusting community that honors each girl’s unique self at this powerful time of change and uncertainty, which will allow her to stand stronger in who she is in the future.
- To invite girls to go deeper, to reflect and vision on who she is becoming.
- To share wisdom and stories and help the girls discover the beauty, mystery and joy of the feminine, of their cycle, of the mystery that is womanhood.
- To allow mothers and daughters to truly see each other, to open the dialogue between them so they can stand hand in hand and on common ground as they embark on this journey together.