This fun weekend will be an opportunity for you to dig deep into a craft of your choice. You can choose to make a wooden bow with one arrow or a quiver with several arrows. Another option might be to make a knife with a wooden handle. You could also choose to hone your leather working skills by making a pair of leather shoes or a backpack or shoulder bag. If you are a beginning leather worker, you can make a journal or a water bottle holder.
The weekend is held at the Living Earth Base Camp, tucked in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Afton. You can choose to go home on Saturday night -or- choose to camp and stay overnight. All camping will be up the hill in our beautiful camp area in the woods. If camping, please bring all you own camping supplies. Bring your own food for the weekend and join in on the spirit of earth skills and crafting together in a community setting, with other like minded folks. There will be a Saturday evening campfire for those that would like to stay for the evening or night. Sure to be a super weekend on the land learning new skills and making new friends!
2 Day itemized craft options: Below is the added material fee, specific to which craft you choose $150
- Knife making $20.00
- Quiver with arrows Making $20.00
- Leather making (small bag, journal or water bottle holder) $10.00
- Wooden Long Bow $70
- Leather Shoe Making $15.00
- Leather Hat Making $30.00
- Leather Backpack $70.00
- Hand Carved Bowl $10.00
Details & Registration – Crafting & Earth Skills
- March 21 & 22, 2020 (you may choose to camp overnight)
- 9am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday
- Ages: All! Children must have a responsible adult with them.
- Living Earth School Base Camp in Afton
- 2-day base price: $150 plus additional material fee
(see above for itemized craft options to add on)