GET OUTSIDE! How to get your family out on meaningful and FUN nature adventures.
Covid-19 has changed our world in so many ways and has brought into focus what is most important in life once our basic needs are taken care of: meaningful time with our family, slowing down, getting outside. In the past couple months, we all have had more time with our families than possibly ever before. It’s easy to just get lost in the everyday tasks of life and not create meaningful and connecting practices with our kids and ourselves. We have heard from so many people that they want to make nature more a part of their life and want to get outside on some fun and realistic adventures.
SO LET’S GET OUTSIDE! Summer is coming, and systems and programs we relied on for our kids are no longer available. Suddenly we parents are the camp counselors and the day care workers. As a parent who might have minimal hiking or camping experience, or a fear of snakes and poison ivy and thunderstorms, this might seem intimidating. How do we even begin? Where do we start?
Time and time again, friends and acquaintances have said to us, “Gosh, we wish we had your packing list!” or “Wow, we wish we could sit in while you plan your trip.” Here’s your chance! We, Kate and Hub, are going to walk you through a simple step by step approach that takes the uncertainty and overwhelm out of the picture, and make getting outside with your family simple, fun and worry free.
What we will cover:
- Envisioning and creating your dream trip, whether it is a short outing or a daring adventure
- Stories, successes and mishaps from our own family adventures that you can learn from
- Practical tips and handouts on all things logistical
- Time for questions and answers for your family’s specific situation
Here’s what you’ll get in this package:
- 3 zoom calls full of stories, pro-tips and discussion
- Our printable A-Z guide to envision and plan the details of a trip.
- Our printable packing lists for various sorts of trips: beach, paddling, hiking, day or overnight etc.
- Our activity guide of great things to do with your family on a trip that will make your time more enriching and fun.
If you are interested in the topic but can’t make the Zoom calls, no worries! Anyone who registers will have access to video and audio recordings of the calls plus all handouts.
Gain the inspiration, confidence and practical steps to get out the door and on your way to fun, meaningful adventures with your family—made easy.
Details & Registration – Family Outdoor Adventures
- 3 Thursdays: June 11, 18, 25, 2020
- Call from 7:30 – 9:00pm
- Ages: 18+
- This tuition is a tiered sliding scale. Choose the tuition price that you can afford right now. We encourage you to give as much as you can, or to take what you need, during these topsy-turvy times:Low Tier: $29Regular Tier: $39Top Tier: $49
Tuition is for the full three-evening series. (Tuition covers all adults on your Zoom video who want to join!)
A computer, phone or device that supports zoom.